BRUSHY MOUNTAIN BRANCHES
John Marlow - Wilkes Co NC
John Marlow is found on the 1794-1799 Wilkes Co NC tax list; 1800 Wilkes Co Census;
1805 Wilkes Co estate sales. The last known record is a deed dated 1819 in Wilkes Co
NC that states John Marlow was a resident of Jackson Co GA.
* Was he the John Marlow listed on the 1820 Jackson Co GA census?
* Was he the father of Ransom & Jonathan Marlow of Jackson & Lumpkin Cos GA?
* Was he the father of Mark Marlow who died 1868 in Clinton Co KY?
* Was this John Marlow in SC at sometime during the 1790's?
* Research proves that many Wilkes Co NC families went through SC before settling in GA.
John Marlow - Halifax Co NC
Pension Records: John MARLAR was born in Halifax Co NC & lived & enlisted there.
In 1816 he moved to Caswell Co NC where he applied for a pension at age 73/74.
In 1853, a son Peterson T Marlar aged 52, was a resident of Jackson Co GA.
He died in Surry Co NC sometime after 1840 census was taken.
Believed to have another son, John that lived & died in Surry Co NC.
* Where does this line fit into the MARLOW branches?
* Who are his other children?
Daniel Marlow & Maria Hill
According to county records, Daniel Marlow & Maria Hill were the parents of:
Enlisting from different NC cos for Civil War, all three were living in Catawba Co when they died.
- Thomas D Marlow b. 1837 married Ellen Malissa Goodnight
- James V Marlow b. 1839 married E Elizabeth Bolick
- William H Marlow b. 1844 married Nancy Genelia Ashley
* Where does this family fit into the MARLOW branches?
* Census records list NC as place of parents birth, but have not found a listing
for either Daniel or Maria on any state census record.
* Who are Daniel Marlow and Maria Hill? - where are they from?
Much time and effort have been spent trying to break through the Brick Walls that surround these families.
If you can answer any of the above questions, or provide additional information, please contact me.
Copyright 2000 - 2008